Everything you need to know if you’re working in a warehouse.
As of January 2022 California law protects the health and safety of warehouse workers.
A) Do you work in a warehouse?
B) Are there a 100 or more employees?
C) If fewer than 100 people, does your company have 1,000 or more total warehouse employees in California?
D) Does your warehouse use work quotas, rates, or similar performance targets?
If you answered YES to these questions then you are covered. Here’s what that means:
As of Jan. 1, 2022, under California’s new law AB 701 your employer MUST:
- Have provided existing employees a written description of every quota an employee is expected to meet
- Provide every newly hired employee with a written description of each quota they are expected to meet
Your employer also CANNOT:
- Discipline or terminate you for failing to meet a quota for which you were not provided a written description as described above.
- Discipline or terminate you for failing to meet a quota requiring so much work or speed that it prevents you from taking meal or rest breaks, using the bathroom, or following CalOSHA safety laws.
Do you have questions?
If you never received a written description of your quota, contact us! Two ways:
- Call (951) 394-0236 (Español or English)
- Email: email@example.com
For questions or to file a complaint for an AB 701 violation, you can also contact the California Labor Commissioner’s Office (https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/districtoffices.htm).
Disclaimer: This material is for general information only and is not legal advice. The law in individual circumstances may vary and you should consult an attorney for advice on your specific situation.